Deadline: 9 July 2021
Food and Agriculture Organization (FAO) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Liaison Officer in Rome, Italy. The duration of this post is 1 year.
Food and Agriculture Organization (FAO) is a specialized agency of the United Nations that leads international efforts to defeat hunger.
Key Job Responsibilities
The Liaison Officer will perform the following functions-
- Processes, coordinates arrangements, and delivers services.
- Research and analyses policy and service delivery issues, maintains operational statistics, and prepares related reports.
- Contribute to the development of information and training materials and coordinates and assists in the presentation of information/ training sessions to management and staff.
- Provide information and advice to management and staff.
- Participate on project teams and work groups.
- Support ongoing liaison between FAO and Members, in particular, Rome-based Permanent Representations.
- Provide support for official correspondence of the Organization, addressed to governments and international organizations.
Applicant must have:
- Advanced University Degree in Social Sciences, Political Sciences, International law, international relations or another field relevant to the work of the Organization.
- 3 year’s relevant experience in conference management or in government-relations activities in an inter-governmental or international environment.
- Work experience in more than one location or area of work, particularly in field positions is desirable
- Extent and relevance of experience in conference management or government-relations activities in an inter-governmental or international environment.
- Work knowledge of English and limited knowledge of another FAO official language (Arabic, Chinese, French, Russian or Spanish).
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, visit FAO.