Deadline: 2 November 2021
Food and Agriculture Organization (FAO) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Markets for Nutrition and Value Chains Specialist in Rome, Italy. The duration of this post is 11 months.
Food and Agriculture Organization (FAO) is a specialized agency of the United Nations that leads international efforts to defeat hunger.
Key Job Responsibilities
The Markets for Nutrition and Value Chains Specialist will perform the following functions-
- Assist Members with policy, economic and technical analysis of food systems and food environments, including food retail environment, market systems, small and medium enterprises and value chains for identifying entry points for increasing their efficiency, inclusiveness and nutrition outcomes.
- Assist in the development of integrated school food and nutrition programmes and other public procurement programmes including home-grown school meals and other social transfers and social protection programmes.
- Undertake desk-review, data collection and information gathering and analysis of relevant evidence, lessons and good practices on technical approaches and policies.
- Perform and support activities of capacity development (e.g. organizing trainings, workshops, field missions, etc.), project design, implementation and project cycle management (e.g. work planning, budget, contracts, technical backstopping, etc.).
- Assist in supporting resource mobilisation for country, regional and global level work.
Applicants must have:
- University Degree in economics, agronomics, food sciences, food technology, nutrition, natural sciences, comparative law, development and social sciences or related fields.
- Minimum one (Level C) or 5 year’s (Level B) of relevant work experience in research, policy analysis and mainstreaming nutrition in food systems, food processing, food markets, value chains analysis, food security and nutrition, voluntary standards, market systems, institutional procurement or other agri-food development approaches.
- Working knowledge of English, and limited knowledge of French or Spanish or Arabic, Chinese, Russian (for PSA only one language may be required).
How to Apply
Applicants must submit applications through online process.
For more information, visit FAO.