Deadline: 10 August 2021
The World Food Programme (WFP) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Operational Data Analyst in Rome, Italy.
World Food Programme is the world’s largest humanitarian agency fighting hunger worldwide.
Key Job Responsibilities
The Operational Data Analyst will perform the following functions:
- Analyse the business problem – the functional and the non-functional requirements and be comfortable arguing for the optimal end solution in case the proposed requirements do not align with the underlying solution to the problem.
- Understand the data domain, the data catalogue definitions (if any) and the data flows.
- Accountable and responsible for the end-to-end process of creating, implementing, and rolling out workflows on Explore requirements, impact analysis and alternative solutions and mutually agree on them with the business.
- Document and classify requirements and decisions.
- Work with the team and business to model the solution to the business problem in the DOTS platform.
- Define and detail the information model, the user interface model (which DOTS platform tools to use), the use cases, the integration model, and the reporting model.
- Work hands-on in the platform to build out the end-to-end workflows together with the developers on the team.
Applicant must have:
- University Degree in human centered design, information technology management, data analytics/management, computer science, business administration or other relevant disciplines.
- 4+ year’s relevant and progressively more responsible human centered design and/or business analysis work with experience on 3+ relevant projects using agile development methodologies.
- 1+ year’s direct experience working on a project with data visualization and/or data analysis outputs.
- 1+ year’s Experience working with Palantir Foundry and knowledge of WFP business processes.
- Experience solving analytical problems (doesn’t need to be with code).
- Experience and skills to effectively engage with the business to design the end-to-end process diagrams, user stories, and to document items for workflows.
- Proven ability to analyse business processes, uncovering, shaping, and documenting business needs and requirements that are aligned with business strategies.
- Strong understanding of project management methodologies and experience in project planning.
- Fluency in oral and written English with an intermediate knowledge of another official UN language (Arabic, Chinese, French, Russian and Spanish) or Portuguese (one of WFP’s working languages) is desirable.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit applications through online process.
For more information, visit WFP.