Deadline: 31 August 2016
International Development Law Organization (IDLO) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Program Coordinator in Rome, Italy.
The Program Coordinator will be an integral part of the regional program implementation team, working in the framework of the IDLO Eastern Europe and Central Asia Strategy to implement Rule of Law programs in such countries as Kyrgyzstan, Mongolia, Montenegro, Tajikistan and Ukraine.
IDLO empowers people and enables governments to reform laws and institutions that promote peace, justice, social development and sustainable economic growth.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Program Coordinator will perform the following functions-
- Follow and analyze development of Rule of Law trends in the former Soviet Union.
- Design, research, draft, and edit legal working papers, memos, briefs, and other original materials in the field experience, and utilize these materials for the development of relevant outputs.
- In line with programmatic work, provide policy guidance and recommendations for improvement of various legal systems and institutions related area of experience.
- Manage daily program implementation issues, including revisions to project design and work plans, identification and recruitment of experts, and budget controls and financial forecasts.
- With guidance from the supervisor and in collaboration with the Human Resources & Learning Division, manage the timely identification and screening of program consultants/contractors as well as the processing of contracts.
- Coordinate and provide strategic input into the work of consultants assigned to the program.
- Oversee and/or provide support for the day-to-day administrative and logistical requirements of the program, and in coordination with relevant program associates.
- Lead the drafting of donor narrative reports and status reports, and manage relevant program associate support if needed.
- Collaborate with the Impact Assessment & Learning Unit on the evaluation of programs, including the development of evaluation indicators and tools, conducting field evaluation missions, and preparing evaluation reports and briefs.
- Ensure program deliverables meet quality standards and proactively seek input from relevant substantive internal experts.
Applicants must have-
- Graduate level degree in law or international relations or another similar field.
- 3-5 years of professional experience working as a project officer or similar role in international development or 7-9 years in lieu of a graduate degree.
- Experience working for IGOs, INGOs, IFI or similar organization.
- Experience in program development and fundraising.
- Experience in the rule of law/ development context, involvement in project management including project development and supporting management of budgets, logistics and human resources.
- In-depth understanding of Eastern Europe and Central Asia is required.
- Field experience would be an asset.
- Fluency in written and spoken English and Russian is required.
- Ability to draft in English is a must.
- Ability to edit in English and Russian is a significant plus.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their IDLO Personal History Form (PHF), resume and cover letter via the given website.
For more information, please download the PDF IDLO.