Deadline: 26 October 2021
Food and Agriculture Organization (FAO) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Programme Assistant in Rome, Italy. The duration of this post is 1 year.
Food and Agriculture Organization (FAO) is a specialized agency of the United Nations that leads international efforts to defeat hunger.
Key Job Responsibilities
The Programme Assistant will perform the following functions-
- Collect and compile data on programme/ project activities to support reporting on programme/ project delivery.
- Provide information on programme/ project expenditures and status of programme/ project budget.
- Process, format and proofread reports, documents, publications and correspondence related to the work of the unit from draft texts.
- Review and direct correspondence, calls and queries to appropriate contacts provide for background information respond to routine enquiries.
- Make arrangements for meetings, seminars and events: implement logistics, prepare correspondence, compile and distribute documents, make administrative arrangements.
- Initiate and follow up on administrative and financial actions related to staff management, non-staff support, travel, payments, and procurement.
Applicants must have:
- Secondary School Education
- 3 year’s relevant experience in financial and/or administrative support work.
- Knowledge of the MS Office applications, Internet and office technology equipment.
- Working knowledge (Level C) of English and limited knowledge (Level B) of one of the other FAO languages (Arabic, Chinese, French, Russian or Spanish).
How to Apply
Applicants must submit applications through online process.
For more information, visit FAO.