Deadline: 18 August 2021
Food and Agriculture Organization (FAO) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Programme Officer in Rome, Italy. The duration of this post is 2 years.
Food and Agriculture Organization (FAO) is a specialized agency of the United Nations that leads international efforts to defeat hunger.
Key Job Responsibilities
The Programme Officer will perform the following functions-
- Participate in the development, implementation and evaluation of assigned programmes/projects, etc. monitors and analyzes programme/project development and implementation.
- Review relevant documents and reports, identifies problems and issues to be addressed and proposes corrective actions, liaises with relevant parties, identifies and tracks follow-up actions.
- Assist in policy development, including the review and analysis of issues and trends, preparation of impact evaluation or equivalent studies, etc.
- Prepare various written outputs, e.g. drafts background papers, analysis, sections of reports and studies, inputs to publications, etc.
- Undertake outreach activities; conducts training workshops, seminars, etc. makes presentations on assigned topics/activities.
- Coordinate activities related to budget and funding (programme/project preparation and submissions, progress reports, financial statements, etc.) and prepares related documents/reports (pledging, work programme, programme budget, etc.).
- Contribute to the development of corporate policies and procedures governing the Cash/voucher Transfer modality, with a focus on efficiency, effectiveness and risk management in project implementation.
- Monitor compliance of Cash/Vouchers Transfer Projects with these corporate policies and procedures, globally, escalating any issues to senior management proposing remedies where appropriate.
Applicant must have:
- Advanced University Degree in political science, development cooperation, economics, international relations, business or public administration, project management or another relevant field within FAO’s mandate.
- 5 year’s relevant experience in programme and project management and implementation in the areas of international development or humanitarian cooperation.
- Extent and relevance of experience in operational management, including process and workflow analysis.
- Extent and relevance of experience in programme or project monitoring and reporting including client support.
- Working knowledge of English and limited knowledge of another FAO official language (Arabic, Chinese, French, Russian or Spanish).
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, visit FAO.