Deadline: 10 February 2020
Food and Agriculture Organization (FAO) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Programme Officer in Rome, Italy. The duration of this post is 1 year.
Food and Agriculture Organization (FAO) is a specialized agency of the United Nations that leads international efforts to defeat hunger.
Key Job Responsibilities
The Programme Officer will perform the following functions-
- Develop, implement and evaluate assigned programmes/projects.
- Monitor and analyse programme/project development and implementation.
- Review relevant documents and reports.
- Perform consulting assignments, in collaboration with the client, by planning facilitating workshops, through other interactive sessions and assisting in developing the action plan the client will use to manage the change.
- Research, analyse and present information gathered from diverse sources.
- Coordinate policy development, including the review and analysis of issues and trends, preparation of impact evaluation or equivalent studies.
- Review, analyse and interpret response, identify problems/issues and prepares conclusions.
- Organize and prepare written outputs, e.g. background papers, analysis, sections of reports and studies, inputs to publications.
- Provide substantive backstopping to consultative and other meetings and conferences to include proposing agenda topics, identifying participants, preparation of documents and presentations.
- Initiate and coordinates outreach activities; conducts training workshops and seminars.
- Lead and/or participate in large, complex field missions, including provision of guidance to external consultants, government officials and other parties and drafting mission summaries.
- Coordinate activities related to budget funding (programme/project preparation and submissions, progress reports, financial statements, etc.) and prepares related documents/reports (pledging, work programme, programme budget).
Applicants must have:
- University Degree in business administration or public administration, social science, political science or a related field.
- 7 year’s of relevant experience in project or programme management, administration or related area.
- Experience in more than one location or area of work, particularly in field positions is desirable.
- Experience in the field of administration, human resources, finance and management in multiple duty stations and contexts.
- Experience in programme/project formulation, analysis, planning and implementation.
- Knowledge of planning and budgetary processes and associated tools in UN Organizations.
- Understand of FAO policies and programmes is considered a strong asset.
- Experience in the UN organization is an asset.
- Working knowledge of English and limited knowledge of another FAO official language (Arabic, Chinese, French, Russian or Spanish).
How to Apply
Applicants must submit applications through online process.
For more information, visit FAO.