Deadline: 25 November 2021
Food and Agriculture Organization (FAO) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Programme Officer – FAO GEF Policy in Rome, Italy. The duration of this post is 11 months.
Food and Agriculture Organization (FAO) is a specialized agency of the United Nations that leads international efforts to defeat hunger.
Key Job Responsibilities
The Programme Officer – FAO GEF Policy will perform the following functions-
- Participate in the development, implementation and evaluation of assigned programmes/projects, etc. monitors and analyses programme/project development and implementation.
- Review relevant documents and reports; identifies problems and issues to be addressed and proposes corrective actions liaises with relevant parties; identifies and tracks follow-up actions.
- Assist in policy development, including the review and analysis of issues and trends, preparation of impact evaluation or equivalent studies, etc.
- Prepare various written outputs, e.g., drafts background papers, analysis, sections of reports and studies, inputs to publications, etc.
- Undertake outreach activities conducts training workshops, seminars, etc. makes presentations on assigned topics/activities.
- Coordinate activities related to budget and funding (programme/project preparation and submissions, progress reports, financial statements, etc.) and prepares related documents/reports (pledging, work programme, programme budget, etc.).
- Serve as the focal point and resource person in the OCB GEF team on the application of FAO and GEF project cycle and policy requirements to FAO GEF investments, including providing support and advice to the GEF Senior Coordinator, Regional teams and Project Task Forces on FAO GEF project cycle management related aspects.
Applicant must have:
- Advance University Degree in environment, development economics, agriculture, social sciences or a related field.
- 5 year’s relevant experience in policy dialogue, project and programme management or operations, preferably of GEF or other environmental finance.
- Working knowledge of English and limited knowledge of one of the other FAO official languages (Arabic, Chinese French, Russian, and Spanish.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit applications through online process.
For more information, visit FAO.