Deadline: 22 September 2020
Food and Agriculture Organization (FAO) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Publishing and Repository Specialist in Rome, Italy. The duration of this post is 11 months.
Food and Agriculture Organization (FAO) is a specialized agency of the United Nations that leads international efforts to defeat hunger.
Key Job Responsibilities
The Publishing and Repository Specialist will perform the following functions-
- Assist with DOI assignment and other steps of the digital publishing workflow.
- Assist with providing publications metadata and files to Google Books, EBSCO and other discoverability/dissemination channels.
- Assist with the collation of publications-related performance metrics and contribute to quarterly and annual reporting.
- Participate in the management of the FAO Document Repository.
- Contribute to internal workflows by exporting and formatting reports for the weekly marketing review and the Weekly publications newsletter.
- Draft original non-technical texts for promotional purposes and for the general public.
- Review and approve proposed publications in the Publishing Workflow System (PWS) when needed.
- Contribute to recommendations to improve Departmental publications planning and procedures, in line with corporate policies, with a view to promoting more effective and efficient work processes and solutions.
Applicants must have:
- University Degree (for Consultants) / University Degree (only for PSA) in publishing, journalism, communications, international relations or a related field.
- 1 year of experience in the field of publishing, communication, public information, marketing or media relations.
- Experience using Microsoft 365 and publishing software packages.
- Experience using publishing workflow systems would be considered an asset.
- Experience in UN agencies or other major international organizations would be considered an asset.
- Knowledge of FAO’s technical areas, including food security, nutrition, migration, climate change and gender, would be considered an asset.
- Knowledge of English and limited knowledge of Arabic, Chinese, French, Russian or Spanish.
- Knowledge of other UN languages would be considered an asset.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit applications through online process.
For more information, visit FAO.