Deadline: 19 January 2022
Food and Agriculture Organization (FAO) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Senior Adviser in Rome, Italy. The duration of this post is 2 years.
Food and Agriculture Organization (FAO) is a specialized agency of the United Nations that leads international efforts to defeat hunger.
Key Job Responsibilities
The Senior Adviser will perform the following function
- Provide substantive strategic and technical advice to the DDG and the Senior Management Team of the Stream on issues relating to and/or affecting the work of the Stream and assists the DDG to carry out leadership functions in policy development, strategy, and priority- and goal-setting.
- Participate in the development and achievement of the Stream’s objectives and related development and implementation planning, and works with the Divisions of the Stream to ensure their effective implementation.
- Coordinate programmes and reviews the assessments of issues and trends for the implementation of programmes/priority areas of work and the preparation of impact evaluation or equivalent studies.
- Oversee and lead the development, implementation and evaluation of assigned programmes/projects directs review of relevant documents and reports identifies priorities, problems and issues to be addressed and proposes corrective actions liaises with relevant parties identifies and initiates follow-up actions.
- Provide substantive support to consultative and other meetings, conferences, such as proposing agenda topics, identifying participants, preparation and/or revisions of documents and presentations.
- Monitor and keeps up with Organizational priorities and also external agri-food system trends by following issues and communicating with peers.
Applicants must have:
- Advanced University Degree in management in business or public administration, management, political or social sciences or related area.
- 10 year’s relevant experience in project/programme planning and appraisal or management.
- Demonstrate ability to produce reports and papers and to review and edit the work of others.
- Working knowledge of English and limited knowledge of another FAO official language (Arabic, Chinese, French, Russian or Spanish).
How to Apply
Applicants must submit applications through online process.
For more information, visit FAO.