Deadline: 30 June 2021
Food and Agriculture Organization (FAO) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Senior Natural Resources Officer in Rome, Italy. The duration of this post is 2 years.
Food and Agriculture Organization (FAO) is a specialized agency of the United Nations that leads international efforts to defeat hunger.
Key Job Responsibilities
The Senior Natural Resources Officer will perform the following functions-
- Analyze global and country specific requirements and relevant technical issues to provide critical input into the FAO Strategic Objectives, Programme of Work, work plans and the supporting budgets and/or resourcing strategies.
- Implement and monitor programmes of work involving the development of the approach, evidence based strategies, and related tools, methodologies and the supporting system/database, monitoring and reporting frameworks.
- Conduct, design and oversee research and analysis activities to support the development of technical standards, international instruments, innovation, technical reports, publications and/or on-going programme development as well as the provision of technical and/or policy advisory services.
- Provide technical and policy advice to Member countries and technical support to decentralized offices in the development and implementation of their programmes.
- Lead and/or collaborate in, provides technical backstopping to, and ensures the quality / effectiveness of, capacity development and knowledge sharing activities within member countries, such as policy support, organizational development and individual learning events including preparation of related information, learning, on-line tools.
- Represent the Organization at international meetings and conferences, identifies and implements strategic partnerships, advocates best practices and increased policy dialogue and develops and negotiates effective working relationships/consensus and agreements with international and national stakeholders.
- Lead and/or participate in resource mobilization activities in accordance with the FAO Corporate strategy.
Applicant must have:
- Advanced University Degree in natural resources, environment, climate change, agriculture, forestry, fisheries international environmental policy, environmental law or related field.
- 10 year’s relevant experience in natural resources management, with international organizations, public or private sector institutions on climate change and natural resources management.
- Work experience in more than one location or area of work, particularly in field positions is essential.
- Extent of knowledge of developments under the Paris Agreement, the UNFCCC processes (including COPs and UNFCCC Inter-sessional meetings), in particular on National Adaptation Plans (NAPs), Nationally Determined Contributions (NDCs) and the Koronivia Joint Work on Agriculture (KJWA).
- Extent and relevance of experience in the preparation of technical and policy reports, guidelines and manuals.
- Extent of knowledge and relevance of experience in technical and policy matters related to climate change, in particular on adaptation, mitigation and resilience, and experience in planning and implementation of related programmes, at different levels.
- Demonstrate skills and experiences in leading multidisciplinary teams and networks related to practices, policies, standards, systems, and indicators.
- Work knowledge of a second language preferably French or Spanish is desirable.
- Work knowledge of English and limited knowledge of another FAO official language (Arabic, Chinese, French, Russian or Spanish).
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, visit FAO.