Deadline: 22 January 2022
Food and Agriculture Organization (FAO) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Senior Statistician in Rome, Italy. The duration of this post is 2 years.
Food and Agriculture Organization (FAO) is a specialized agency of the United Nations that leads international efforts to defeat hunger.
Key Job Responsibilities
The Senior Statistician will perform the following function
- Lead and manage highly specialized or multi-disciplinary teams and short term working groups, providing strategic vision and technical leadership; coordinates and/or participates on Divisional teams, Organization-wide committees, project teams, and working groups, and/or provides leadership/secretariat services to international technical networks and/or technical policy and standard setting bodies.
- Analyze global and country specific requirements as well as agricultural, economic, social, environmental factors to provide critical input into the FAO Strategic Framework, Programme of Work as well as Detailed Work Plans and the supporting budgets and/or resourcing strategies.
- Design, implement and monitor work programmes including the conception and development of comprehensive short, medium and long term plans and strategies for the development of statistics and/or analytical frameworks.
- Lead the design development of edge tools, methods, systems and databases, the conception and implementation of critical indicators, and/or policy models.
- Lead and review research, data collection, validation, analysis and/or reporting to support the development of technical standards, international instruments, innovative tools and methodologies to be used within the Organization or by external stakeholders.
- Lead the production of a variety of technical reports and oversees the provision of inputs for flagship publications, technical documents, divisional publications and/or web pages.
- Lead and provide response to requests and provides technical/policy advice, assistance and solutions to Regional, Sub-Regional, and Country Offices including technical backstopping to field projects.
Applicants must have:
- Advanced University Degree in statistics, mathematics, economics, agricultural economics, or a related field.
- 10 year’s relevant experience in conceptual and methodological development, compilation and analysis of food and agricultural statistics in national or international organizations.
- Work experience in more than one location or area of work, particularly in field positions, is essential.
- Demonstrate ability to mobilize resources.
- Working knowledge of English (proficient – level C) and limited knowledge (intermediate – level B) of another FAO official language (Arabic, Chinese, French, Russian or Spanish).
How to Apply
Applicants must submit applications through online process.
For more information, visit FAO.