Deadline: 29 May 2021
Food and Agriculture Organization (FAO) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Senior Statistician in Rome, Italy. The duration of this post is 1 year.
Food and Agriculture Organization (FAO) is a specialized agency of the United Nations that leads international efforts to defeat hunger.
Key Job Responsibilities
The Senior Statistician will perform the following functions-
- Lead and manage highly specialized or multidisciplinary teams and short term working groups, providing strategic vision and technical leadership, coordinate and/or participate in divisional teams, Organization-wide committees, project teams, and working groups and/or provides leadership/secretariat services on international technical networks and or technical policy and standard setting bodies.
- Analyse global and country specific requirements as well as agricultural, economic, social, environmental factors to provide critical input into the FAO’s Strategic Framework, Programme of Work as well as Detailed Work Plans and the supporting budgets and/or resourcing strategies.
- Design, implement and monitor work programmes including the conception and development of comprehensive short, medium and long term plans and strategies for the development of statistics and/or analytical frameworks.
- Lead the design development of edge tools, methods, systems and databases, the conception and implementation of critical indicators, and/or policy models.
- Lead and review the research, data collection, validation, analysis and/or reporting to support the development of technical standards, international instruments, innovative tools and methodologies to be used within the Organization or by external stakeholders.
- Lead the production of a variety of technical reports and oversees the provision of inputs for flagship publications, technical documents, divisional publications and/or web pages.
- Lead and provide response to requests and provides technical/policy advice, assistance and solutions to Regional, Subregional, and Country Offices including technical backstopping to field projects.
Applicant must have:
- Advanced University Degree in statistics, mathematics, economics, agricultural economics, or a related field.
- 10 year’s relevant experience in the management of large-scale statistical coordination projects in national or international organizations.
- Extent and relevance of experience and knowledge of agricultural statistics and national agricultural systems.
- Extent and relevance of experience in planning and implementation of programmes related to capacity development in agricultural statistics.
- Track record of experience in effective coordination of activities in a multiframework environment with various stakeholders, partners and donors and ability to collaborate across institutions and organizations.
- Track record of ability to mobilise resources.
- Work knowledge of English and limited knowledge of another FAO official language (Arabic, Chinese, French, Russian or Spanish).
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, visit FAO.