Deadline: 12 February 2018
The World Bank Group (WBG) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Social Protection Specialist in Rome, Italy.
WBG has set 2 ambitious goals to push extreme poverty to no more 3 percent by 2030, and to promote shared prosperity and greater equity in the developing world.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Social Protection Specialist will perform the following functions-
- Supervise and coordinate the work carried out by the Regional Focal Points in the regions in the definition of the regional action plans and in the implementation of the corresponding technical assistance activities.
- Carry out the day-to-day technical dialogue with the Regional Focal Points, in close coordination with the Task Team Leader and the World Bank teams based in Italy and Washington, DC.
- Liaise with the Technical Experts to solicit their advice on specific technical assistance activities, as required.
- Organize and take part to regular field visits in the single regions in consultation with the World Bank team and the local administrations in the different regions to ensure permanent supervision of the local level work and guarantee World Bank presence on the ground.
- Maintain regular communication with staff working in the regions, the regional administrations and the relevant stakeholders (municipalities, ambiti, etc.) at the local level.
- Support the Team in developing the methodology for the Communities of Practices including the expectations for the regions and regional experts on specific themes.
Applicants must have-
- Advanced Degree (MA degree) in Economics, Public Policy, Sociology, Development Studies, or related discipline.
- 5 to 7 years of experience in Social Protection work, particularly assessment and design of social assistance programs.
- Hands-on experience in contexts of vulnerability.
- Fluency in both English and Italian (spoken and written).
- Proven ability to carry out work autonomously and remotely and to maintain regular communication and consultation with the team.
- Nationality of Italy.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, please visit WBG.