Deadline: 3 July 2018
United Nations Environment Programme (UNEP) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Programme Management Assistant in Kingston, Jamaica.
UNEP’s mission is to provide leadership and encourage partnership in caring for the environment by inspiring, informing, and enabling nations and peoples to improve their quality of life without compromising that of future generations.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Programme Management Assistant will perform the following functions-
- Assist in preparation and monitoring of project proposals/documents, Memoranda of Understanding and draft Terms of Reference for consultants.
- Assist in promoting Assessment and Management of Environmental Pollution (AMEP) Protocol/Programme through preparation and dissemination of awareness raising publications.
- Assist in drafting Power point presentations and charts/tables.
- Liaise with the Regional Activity Centres for the AMEP Programme regarding Programme activities.
- Assist with the review of documents produced by the Regional Coordinating Unit and facilitate translation from Spanish to English and vice versa.
- Maintain list serve for AMEP Regional Programme, disseminate information to Contracting Parties (governments) and partner organizations.
- Assist in fundraising to support key activities.
Applicants must have-
- Completion of High School diploma is required.
- Supplementary training in administration and programme management is desirable.
- Minimum 5 years of progressive work experience in administration and programme management preferably in an international organization is required.
- Experience working with enterprise resource planning (ERP) or related administrative systems is desirable.
- English and French are the working languages of the United Nations Secretariat.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, please visit UNEP.