Deadline: 21 January 2022
World Health Organization (WHO) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Administrative Assistant in Amman, Jordan. The duration of this post is 1 year.
The primary role of WHO is to direct and coordinate international health within the United Nations system.
Key Job Responsibilities
The Administrative Assistant will perform the following functions:
- Coordinate timely initiation of administrative actions related to joint programme of work (JPRM) and requests for goods and services, such as fellowships, DFCs and national training activities; maintain a systematic tracking and follow-up system.
- Review in GSM purchase orders for catalogue and non catalogue items, ensure adherence to WHO rules and procedures follow up with concerned parties customs clearance, receipt of deliverables, storage, installation and finalization of payments.
- Oversee the management of the E-Imprest system proper implementation of financial procedures and internal controls according to GSM instructions and WHO rules, verify calculations, supporting invoices and payment authorizations, extract from GSM, compile and review a wide variety of regular and adhoc financial and other project management reports.
- Act as focal point for HR issues; coordinate with HR/EMRO establishment of new positions, initiate staffing actions for all staff (appointments, extensions, separations, etc) and non-staff contracts (including issuance and renewal of SSAs) initiate recruitment actions for General service staff and Special service agreements, draft post descriptions, screen applications and recommend short list of potential candidates arrange for interview panels, act as leave Administrator in GSM and monitor staff leave.
- Ensure proper maintenance of WRO buildings and equipment’s, report on assets inventory, and attend to the repair and maintenance of vehicles.
- Oversee the security of the office premises to ensure MOSS compliance and provide related briefing as needed.
Applicants must have:
- Completion of secondary education supplemented by experience or training in finance/accounting and administration.
- University Degree in business administration, social sciences or related field is an asset.
- At least 8 year’s progressive experience in the area of administration, including experience in HR and/or budget and finance positions.
- Relevant experience in the UN system.
- Ability to train other staff on administrative matters.
- Intermediate knowledge of Arabic, French and English.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, visit WHO.