Deadline: 14 June 2021
United Nations International Children’s Emergency Fund (UNICEF) is currently seeking applications from eligible applicants for the post of Budget/Finance Associate in Amman, Jordan.
UNICEF works for a world in which every child has a fair chance in life.
Key Job Responsibilities
The Finance Associate will perform the following functions:
- Provide support with respect to the review, analysis and preparation of the budget plans and its revisions.
- Prepare supporting documents with respect to finalization of cost estimates and budget proposals.
- Liaise with the Yemen Country Office sections to ensure that funding for Project Management Unit (PMU) cash-based initiatives are allocated to the PMU cost centre.
- Monitor expenditures and compares with approved budget, preparing adjustments as necessary.
- Support the monitoring of expenditures against donor conditions.
- Maintain an up to date archiving system for the donor agreements.
- Maintain financial records and monitoring systems to record and reconcile expenditures, balances, payments, statements and other data for day-to-day transactions and reports.
Applicants must have:
- Completion of secondary education preferably supplemented by technical or University courses related to Accounting/Finance/Budget Management.
- Minimum 6 year’s relevant finance or budget work experience is required.
- Experience working with other UN Agencies and/or International Non-Governmental Organizations will be an asset.
- Fluency in English is required and Arabic is considered as an asset.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit applications through online process.
For more information, visit UNICEF.