Global Communities is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Community Engagement Specialist in Jordan.
The Community Engagement Specialist will be the key liaison with target communities, facilitating the process of establishing and implementing priority development projects to promote cohesion and resilience at the grassroots level.
Global Communities mission is to create long-lasting, positive and community-led change that improves the lives and livelihoods of vulnerable people across the globe.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Community Engagement Specialist will perform the following functions-
- Provide leadership and strategic vision to activities promoting community engagement in municipal governance.
- Strengthen capacity of local officials to engage with citizens, include them in participatory planning processes, and incorporate their priorities into planning documents.
- Facilitate citizen participation in collaborative decision making, management, and monitoring related to municipal service delivery.
- Promote productive interactions between communities, civil society, and municipalities that facilitate upward flow of information on community needs and priorities.
- Contribute to work plans, donor reports, success stories, and other deliverables.
- Manage a team of local staff.
Applicants must have-
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- Master’s degree preferred in international development, public administration, business administration, social work, or related discipline.
- Minimum 7 years of professional experience and demonstrated success working in local government or civil society, and/or on similar donor-funded local governance programs.
- Proven ability to foster cohesion among different groups in Jordanian communities.
- Proven ability to engage women, youth, and other marginalized populations in community development activities.
- Strong interpersonal and written communication skills.
- Experience working on USAID-funded programs preferred.
- Fluent Arabic and excellent English required.
- Nationality of Jordan is required.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, please visit Global Communities.