Deadline: 14 June 2016
United Nations Children’s Emergency Fund (UNICEF) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Education Officer in Jordan.
The Education Officer will provide professional technical, operational and administrative assistance throughout the programming process for education programs/projects within the Country Program.
UNICEF works for a world in which every child has a fair chance in life.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Education Officer will perform the following functions-
- Contribute to the preparation/update of situation analysis for the program sector/s for development, design and management of education related programs/projects.
- Participate in monitoring and evaluation exercises, program reviews and annual reviews with government and other counterparts to assess programs/projects and to report on required action/interventions at the higher level of program management.
- Conduct regular program field visits and surveys and/or exchange information with partners/stakeholders to assess progress and provide technical support, take appropriate action to resolve issues and/or refer to relevant officials for resolution.
- Draft communication and information materials for CO program advocacy to promote awareness, establish partnership/alliances and support fund raising for education programs.
- Research information on potential donors and prepare resource mobilization materials and briefs for fund raising and partnership development purposes.
- Collaborate with Operations staff to implement internal controls systems and resolve day-to-day issues or discrepancies in financial or supply management.
- Contribute to identifying, capturing, synthesizing and sharing lessons learned for knowledge development and capacity development of stakeholders.
- Apply innovative approaches and promote good practice to support the implementation and delivery of concrete and sustainable program results.
Applicants must have-
- University Degree in Education, Primary Education, Economics, Social Sciences, or a field(s) relevant to international development assistance.
- Advance degree in a related field is an asset.
- Minimum 2 years of professional experience in social development planning and management in education and related areas at the international and/or in a developing country is required.
- Relevant experience in education and related areas, program/project development and management in a UN system agency or organization is an asset.
- Fluency in English is required.
- Knowledge of another official UN language or a local language is an asset.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, please visit UNICEF.