Deadline: 28 October 2018
The World Bank Group (WBG) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Education Specialist in Amman, Jordan. The duration of this post is 3 years.
(Ad) Still, finding it difficult to find new grants and donors to support your work? No way to easily search and identify upcoming funding opportunities? No idea how to raise funds? We have a solution for you. Our Premium Membership service answers all your questions. Learn more.
WBG has set two ambitious goals first is reducing extreme poverty to 3% by 2030 and second is promoting shared prosperity by fostering income growth of the bottom 40% of the population in every country.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
(Ad) Too many advertisements on this website? Get an ad-free and fully optimized website experience to find grants and donors of your interest. Premium Membership service offers a clean and user-friendly interface for you to raise funds successfully! Learn more.
The Education Specialist will perform the following functions:
- Lead the “Jordan Education Reform Support Program”. The project was approved by the World Bank Board of Executive Directors in December 2017 and declared effective the same month.
- It is a US$200 million IBRD funded Program for Results whose objective is to expand access to early childhood education, and to improve student assessment and teaching and learning conditions for Jordanian children and Syrian refugee children.
- Contribute to or engage in policy dialogue with high-level government officials.
- Be a focal point for the education team in Jordan. S/he will work closely with other education team members to provide oversight and on the ground leadership.
- Provide project implementation support and collaborate with team members to ensure all activities are achieving expected results.
- Work closely with clients on implementation issues.
- Liaise with donor partners and represent the Bank in all activities related to education in Amman.
- Manage communications related to education in Amman.
- Lead or contribute to analytical work and produce reports and presentations, as needed.
- Work closely with other Global Practices in the field to ensure synergies.
- Respond to ad-hoc and urgent requests from management, as requested.
- Contribute to other tasks as needed including developing proposals, preparing new projects, events and conferences.
(Ad) Premium Membership offers unlimited search options to find your grants and donors. Search by country or thematic area of your work interest or even by keyword. View the number of open grants for your country. on a Google Map. Keep a watch on grant deadlines through a calendar. Learn more.
Applicants must have:
- Master’s degree in Education, Economics or relevant field.
- Minimum of 5 years of directly relevant experience in education.
- Experience in supporting large-scale education system reform in one country.
- Experience working with clients to build capacity and engage in policy dialogue on education.
- Technical Ability
- Experience in managing challenging education projects, in particular in FCV countries.
- Experience in managing IPF projects and programs for results (PforR).
- Strong analytical skills, including an understanding of core education data sets, indicators, tools for data analysis, and the use of the resulting evidence for education policy-making.
- Experience working on education development and reform.
- Good understanding of education systems, and how they interact in different social and development contexts and institutional arrangements.
- Full understanding of the World Bank’s development initiatives and policies and practices related to lending and non-lending operations.
- Good knowledge of the Jordanian context, a plus.
- Solid experience in working with multiple donors and education partners
- Excellent written and oral presentation skills in English.
How to Apply
(Ad) Too many emails about grants, but too few leads? Join Premium and use our Specific Email Alerts feature where you can select your country/countries and thematic areas of work interest and receive grant information accordingly. Learn more.
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, please visit WBG.
(Ad) Our Premium Donor Search feature works like a mini-search engine. As soon as you define the search criteria and click on search, it scans the internet for the best possible matches of donor agencies based according to your interest and presents a list that you need. Learn more.