Deadline: 26 September 2021
The World Food Programme (WFP) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Procurement Assistant in Amman, Jordan.
World Food Programme is the world’s largest humanitarian agency fighting hunger worldwide.
Key Job Responsibilities
The Procurement Assistant will perform the following functions:
- Provide operational coordination and administrative services, to support procurement projects and activities, following standard processes and contributing to the effective procurement of goods and services.
- Identify and recommend potential suppliers, and compile data/documents to support the selection of suppliers, ensuring standard processes are followed.
- Review, record and prioritise purchasing requests, and provide support to requisitioners, in order to support the procurement of appropriate goods and services, at lowest cost to WFP.
- Contribute to negotiations with new suppliers on terms and conditions of orders, alongside a senior officer, in order to obtain the best terms and lowest costs for WFP.
- Prepare Purchase Orders, contracts and any supporting documentation for approval by the appropriate stakeholder, and approve purchases within delegated authority, to enable the swift purchase of goods and services.
- Resolve issues related to delivered goods, using initiative, liaising with all parties and following standard processes, to ensure timely and accurate resolution of problems.
- Research, collect and analyse data in order to produce reports to enable informed decision making by Procurement Officers, and consistency of information presented to stakeholders.
Applicant must have:
- Completion of secondary school education and post-secondary certificate in the related functional area is desirable.
- Procurement activities with minimum 4 year’s progressively responsible experience.
- Experience conducting analyses and developing reports.
- Strong understanding of procurement and experience working with suppliers or other third party on day to day basis.
- Familiarity with locally purchased commodities/goods/services and linkages with other WFP operations.
- Proficiency in the usage of computers and office software packages (MS Word, Excel, etc.).
- Ability to handle web-based corporate systems.
- Fluency in both oral and written communication in English & Arabic.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit applications through online process.
For more information, visit WFP.