Deadline: 9 June 2016
United Nations Office for Project Services (UNOPS) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Logistics Associate in Nairobi, Kenya. The duration of this post is 6 months.
The Logistics Associate will provide leadership in execution of procurement services in IQOH ensuring their effectiveness, transparency and integrity.
UNOPS mission is to serve people in need by expanding the ability of the United Nations, governments and other partners to manage projects, infrastructure and procurement in a sustainable and efficient manner.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Logistics Associate will perform the following functions-
- Conduct the procurement activities in accordance with the Procurement Plan of multi-million dollar procurement activities for all IQOH projects including international procurement of a broad range of commodities and services.
- Ensure full compliance of procurement activities with UNOPS Procurement Manual, Financial Rules and Regulations, relevant Organizational Directives and Administrative Instructions.
- Provide regular reports to the Project Managers on delivery of procurement services.
- Assist in preparation of procurement plans for the project and monitor their implementation.
- Implement proper monitoring and control processes including receipt of requisitions, issuance of RFQ, ITB and RFP, receipt of quotations, bids and proposals, their evaluation, negotiation of certain conditions of contracts in full compliance with UNOPS Procurement Manual and FRR.
- Review and verify all purchase orders for goods, contracts for services and works.
- Establish LTA for commonly required services in cooperation with GSC.
- Elaborate a solid internal control system which ensures that One UNOPS purchase orders are duly prepared and dispatched.
- Arrange customs clearance of imported supplies, materials, equipments and/or vehicles.
- Manage equipment write-offs for all UNOPS-IQOH items held by the project.
- Ensure all items held that have a limited shelf life are turned over (used or consumed) regularly.
- Monitor all sub equipment accounts to ensure there is no waste, fraud or misuse of equipment or materials and that surplus or excessive stocks of equipment are not being held.
Applicants must have-
- Secondary school diploma or equivalent with 6 years of relevant experience may be accepted in lieu of advance degree.
- University degree (Bachelor’s degree or equivalent) with 2 years of relevant experience.
- Minimum 2 years of progressive responsible administrative experience is required at the national or international level.
- Experience in usage of computers and office software packages (MS Word, Excel, etc.), advance knowledge of automated procurement systems, experience in handling of web based management systems.
- Knowledge of UN Rules and Regulations and UN Procurement procedures.
- Procurement Certification equal to CIP II is desired.
- Fluency in oral and written English is required.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, please visit UNOPS.