Deadline: 20 September 2021
United Nations International Children’s Emergency Fund (UNICEF) is currently seeking applications from eligible applicants for the post of Security Specialist in Amman, Jordan.
UNICEF works for a world in which every child has a fair chance in life.
Key Job Responsibilities
The Security Specialist will perform the following functions:
- Security Analysis and Reporting
- Under the supervision of the Regional Security Advisor, the position will plan, develop, and coordinate procedures and modalities relevant to the collection, collation, and analysis of security information in support of the UNICEF operations.
- Security Risk Management and Planning
- Advise the Regional Security Adviser in the execution of his/her duties with regards to the safety and security of UNICEF personnel and eligible family members, premises, and in accordance with UN and UNICEF Security Management Systems.
- Innovation, Knowledge Management and Capacity Building
- Introduce technological innovations and approaches to security procedures and systems.
- Institutionalize and share best practices and knowledge learned.
Applicants must have:
- University Degree in one of the following fields is required Security Risk Management, International Relations, Political Science, Conflict Analysis, Intelligence Analysis, Diplomatic Studies, Conflict and Security, Counter Terrorism, or another relevant technical field.
- University Degree in combination with qualifying experience may be accepted in lieu of the advanced University Degree.
- University Degree in a relevant field combined with 7 year’s professional experience may be accepted in lieu of an advanced University Degree.
- Minimum 5 year’s professional experience in global security risk management and/or security analysis is required.
- Demonstrate international security management experience and understanding of the United Nations Security Management System is highly desirable.
- Fluency in English and Arabic is required.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit applications through online process.
For more information, visit UNICEF.