Deadline: 17 June 2016
United Nations Office for Project Services (UNOPS) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Water and Sanitation Monitor in Za’atari and Azraq Refugee Camps, Jordan. The duration of this post is 6 months.
The Water and Sanitation Monitor will undertake effective monitoring of the delivery of both water and sanitation services.
UNOPS mission is to serve people in need by expanding the ability of the United Nations, governments and other partners to manage projects, infrastructure and procurement in a sustainable and efficient manner.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Water and Sanitation Monitor will perform the following functions-
- Maintain presence at the three water points in Za’atari refugee camp (including designated entry point for external trucks) during water supply operations, (06:00 AM – 06:00 PM, 7 days a week), according to the staff rotation schedule.
- Monitor and accurately record and report quantities of water dispatched to the camp community from the water points of the camp.
- Immediately report any operational issues that affect or might affect the normal water distribution operations, such as technical problem in the boreholes, electricity outage, strikes, etc.
- Trace samples of water delivery to the district checkpoints and at filling points on block level and household level.
- Observe record and report all damage or faults of water tanks, pipeline and other water supply structures in the camp.
- Inspect and/or supervise each desludging truck entering the camp, to ensure that they are completely empty.
- Perform daily inspection of the desludging trucks to verify the plate number of the trucks and observe the truck contraventions with the truck inspection requirements.
- Monitor transfer of wastewater from smaller capacity camp lorries/trucks to larger capacity Lorries for transfer of wastewater to treatment works.
- Collaborate effectively and responsively with the entire UNOPS monitoring team including monitoring focal points, and Programme Monitoring Manager.
Applicants must have-
- Secondary Education is required.
- University degree preferably in Business Administration, Social Studies, Environmental Studies or other related field would be a considered advantage.
- 4 years of general clerical work or any other relevant field work, which should include a good knowledge of humanitarian or any other relevant field.
- Intermediate computer operating skills (word, excel, presentation, Access, etc).
- Advanced Computer literacy especially in (Excel and Word).
- Good knowledge of the local language and one or two languages of the organization.
- Fluency in both English and Arabic required.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, please visit UNOPS.