Deadline: 21 June 2016
United Nations Development Programme (UNDP) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Chief Technical Advisor in Kazakhstan. The duration of this post is 5 months.
The Chief Technical Advisor will provide advisory and technical assistance to support implementation and further development of sustainable energy portfolio in Kazakhstan.
UNDP works in nearly 170 countries and territories, helping to achieve the eradication of poverty, and the reduction of inequalities and exclusion.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Chief Technical Advisor will perform the following functions-
- Providing planning and advisory support to both projects.
- Implementation of specific technical tasks.
- Prepare scaling-up strategy and the concept for the Green Climate Fund (GCF) and other potential financiers.
- Provide advisory and planning support to all elements of the afore-mentioned projects, as well as specific technical contributions and oversight to selected components.
- Provide advice and support in elaboration of the scaling-up strategy for the portfolio.
- Agree actions with the Projects Managers.
- Ensure timely and quality execution of the Terms of Reference.
- Ensure unconditional carrying out of requirements of the IC.
Applicants must have-
- Master’s degree in Energy, Economics, Environmental Sciences, Urbanization or a closely-related field.
- 15 years of experience in designing and implementing technical assistance projects in the area of climate change mitigation and energy efficiency.
- Experience with project management, including the effective provision of substantive leadership and guidance, oversight, monitoring and reporting.
- Experience and good knowledge of transition economies, particular in Kazakhstan.
- Fluency in spoken and written English.
- Knowledge of Russian is a plus.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, please visit UNDP.