Deadline: 21 April 2021
United Nations International Children’s Emergency Fund (UNICEF) is currently seeking applications from eligible applicants for the post of Education Officer in Kazakhstan.
UNICEF works for a world in which every child has a fair chance in life.
Key Job Responsibilities
The Education Officer will perform the following functions:
- Support to programme development and planning
- Research and analyze regional and national political, health, social and economic development trends. Collect, analyze, verify, and synthesize information to facilitate programme development, design and preparation.
- Support preparation of technical reports and provide inputs for programme preparation and documentation ensuring accuracy, timeliness and relevancy of information.
- Programme management, monitoring and delivery of results
- Work closely and collaboratively with internal colleagues and partners to collect, analyze and share information on implementation issues.
- Suggest solutions on routine programme implementation and submit reports to alert appropriate officials and stakeholders for higher-level intervention and/or decisions.
- Technical and operational support to programme implementation
- Undertake field visits and surveys and share information with stakeholders to assess progress and refer to relevant officials for resolution.
- Report on critical issues, bottlenecks and potential problems for timely action to achieve results.
- Provide technical and operational support to government counterparts, NGO partners, UN system partners and other country office partners/donors on the application and understanding of UNICEF policies, strategies, processes and best practices on water, sanitation, hygiene and related issues to support programme implementation, operations and delivery of results.
- Networking and partnership building
- Build and sustain effective close working partnerships with government counterparts and national stakeholders through active sharing of information and knowledge to facilitate programme implementation and build capacity of stakeholders to achieve and sustain results on education programmes.
Applicant must have:
- University Degree in one of the following fields is required education, psychology, sociology, or another relevant technical field.
- Minimum 2 year’s professional experience in programme planning, management, and/or research in education is required.
- Experience working in a developing country is considered as an asset.
- Fluency in English and Russian.
- Knowledge of Kazakh language is considered as an asset.
- Nationality of Kazakhstan.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, visit UNICEF.