Deadline: 16 May 2021
United Nations International Children’s Emergency Fund (UNICEF) is currently seeking applications from eligible applicants for the post of Procurement Officer in Nur-Sultan, Kazakhstan.
UNICEF works for a world in which every child has a fair chance in life.
Key Job Responsibilities
The Procurement Officer will perform the following functions:
- Effective and efficient administration of Procurement Services through strategic collaboration and partnership ensuring integrity, accountability, accurate recording system and accurate reporting
- Maintain a strategic framework for planning and implementation of procurement services on behalf of the government of Kazakhstan and civil society organisations.
- Coordinate with partners and UNICEF Supply Division the delivery of medicines and vaccines. Liaises with procurement services customers on any assistance that may be required regarding for customs clearance, receipt or in-country logistics of PS supplies to be arranged by the partner.
- Support in development of new opportunities in procurement of medicines and vaccines and enhancing capacity of the Partner
- Act as focal point when dealing with requests from Government to support national supply chain system strengthening and capacity building of Partners.
- Support Partners in procurement services knowledge management, customs clearance, distribution and inventory of supplies and equipment in order to improve supply delivery.
- Effective procurement management in support of operations and programme objectives
- Coordinate office procurement planning and forecasting including the implementation of the office procurement plan, monitoring and reporting on performance against KPIs, providing technical advice on UNICEF procurement policies, rules and procedures, reviewing procurement specifications and administering the process of procurement.
- Conduct international and local procurement through issuance of tenders, bid adjudication and contract management to obtain the best value for money and in compliance with UNICEF financial rules and regulations, and procurement procedures.
- Contribution to the Office Business Processes
- Assist in the identification of training needs and plan training activities in procurement services and supply administration for UNICEF’s staff/consultants and counterparts.
- Provide advice to the Country Office and Government on offshore and/or local procurement policies and procedures, delivery and utilization of UNICEF supplies and equipment; coordinate with the Supply Division, Copenhagen, on supply policy and/or activities.
Applicants must have:
- Completed University Degree in Logistics, Business Administration, Management, International Economics, Engineering, International Development, Contract/commercial Law or in directly related areas of specialization, including credited courses in supply, logistics, purchasing or contracting or, a recognized qualification in procurement and contracting. Educational qualification in relevant areas (transport or logistics operations/management, supply change management, etc.).
- 5 year’s relevant progressively responsible work experience in supply, logistics, purchasing, contracting and administration and/or other related fields is required.
- Fluency in English and Russian is required and Kazakh would be an asset.
- Nationality of Kazakhstan.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit applications through online process.
For more information, visit UNICEF.