Deadline: 18 December 2020
The World Bank Group (WBG) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Administrative Assistant in Nairobi,Kenya. The duration of this post is 3 years.
WBG has set two ambitious goals to push extreme poverty to no more 3 percent by 2030, and to promote shared prosperity and greater equity in the developing world.
Key Job Responsibilities
The Administrative Assistant will perform the following functions-
- Ensure smooth operation of ongoing office administrative functions including environment, space, equipment, and information retrieval systems, etc.
- Serve as key liaison to the building Facilities Management Company, oversees their activities and ensures that established procedures for all building management, fire, life safety and security programs are followed for periodic inspections and staff emergency drills.
- Orient new staff at all levels regarding unit’s administrative operations and work guidelines.
- Receive and attends to all facilities related issues in an organized, communicative and transparent manner and provides status and follow- up documentation to the Country Manager and Facilities Officer.
- Manage an asset program for IFC-owned furniture, equipment and fixtures.
- Review all contractor invoices and recommends for payment as appropriate.
- Attend to all procurement matters concerning procurement for office facilities.
- Maintain a current table of head and seat counts in the office and space use and coordinates internal moves with local IT staff.
- Provide support to the real estate carbon footprint team by coordinating an effective Greening Program to minimize waste and user impact on the environment.
- Implement effective post-occupancy energy and water management programs to reduce the building footprint.
- Oversee activities of hospitality and cleaning staff.
- Serve as backup to support staff on issues related to program activities, HR, front office, reception, IT, security, office events, logistics, etc.
Applicants must have:
- Bachelor’s or equivalent degree with 7 – 9 year’s experience in administration, financial management, facilities and procurement required.
- Strong project management skills, related certification a plus.
- Experience in office and facilities management Technology and systems knowledge.
- Proficiency of latest technology relevant to assigned responsibilities.
- Demonstrate initiative in learning and/or supporting implementation of emerging technology and systems relevant to effective work of the unit.
- Ability to organize, coordinate, monitor and implement tasks and projects.
- Ability to establish partnership based working relationships with internal/external clients.
- Demonstrate independence, initiative, and autonomy in addressing clients needs.
- Take personal ownership and accountability to meet deadlines and achieve agreed- upon results and has the personal organization to do so.
- Collaborate with other team members and contributes productively to the team’s work and output, demonstrating respect for different points of view.
- Ability to research and draft quality written materials or review adherence of written materials prepared by others to administrative requirements.
- Excellent spoken and written English communication skills.
- Ability to diplomatically communicate with clients at all levels, as well as local government authorities and contractors.
- Effective interpersonal, communication and listening skills, excellent sense of client orientation, and drive for results.
- Demonstrated leadership and supervisory skills to effectively manage outsourced office facilities staff and other vendors to deliver integrated services.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, visit WBG.