Deadline: 27 May 2016
Cesvi is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Administrator in Nairobi, Kenya. The duration of this post is 3 months.
The Administrator will support in managing all aspects of the finance function of Cesvi regional programme in Kenya and Somalia, in close coordination with the staff.
Cesvi is an independent association, working for global solidarity. The mission of Cesvi is to help the underprivileged in developing countries, or those in difficulty due to war, natural calamities and environmental disasters, does not help only those who suffer, but contributes also to the well-being of all of us on the planet, our “common home” that needs to be looked after for the sake of future generations.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Administrator will perform the following functions-
- Ensure adequate controls over cash & bank management.
- Undertake regular field visits in order to assess the financial systems in place.
- Manage the finance department activities and schedules to meet the financial reporting requirements and deadlines specified by Cesvi HQs and donors.
- Monitor all financial activities, and inform the staff concerned.
- Support the preparation of financial plans, forecasts, budget analysis in close collaboration with the PMs.
- Support and supervise the logistic office in procurements and purchase procedures.
- Participate in the review, monitoring and capacity building of local staff.
- Responsible for the management of the national staff of the finance, admin and logistics department.
- Assist PMs with preparation of donor budgets to ensure compliance with donor regulations and their incorporation into the country annual operating budget & revisions.
Applicants must have-
- Degree in Economics, Political science.
- 3 years of post qualification experience in a finance/accounting role overseas in the NGO sector.
- Good knowledge of main donors’ administrative rules and procurement procedures (UE, ECHO, USAID, DFID, etc…).
- Knowledge and experience in purchases and procedures.
- Willing to travel frequently in the area.
- Computer literacy, particularly in Microsoft Office programmes such as Word, Excel as well accounting packages & other database competencies.
- Excellent knowledge of English (written and spoken).
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, please visit Cesvi.