Deadline: 30 June 2021
The United Nations Office for Project Services (UNOPS) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Associate Budget and Finance Officer in Nairobi, Kenya.
UNOPS mission is to serve people in need by expanding the ability of the United Nations, governments and other partners to manage projects, infrastructure, and procurement in a sustainable and efficient manner.
Key Job Responsibilities
The Associate Budget and Finance Officer will perform the following functions:
- Budget Preparation:
- Prepare cost estimates and budget proposals, in terms of office resource requirements such as staff and non-staff requirements, including programmatic aspects reviews, analyses and revises data with respect to the finalization of the budget proposals.
- Provide support to programme officers with respect to the elaboration of resource requirements for budget submissions.
- Financial Management:
- Monitor the preparation of project documents and their subsequent revisions, liaising with relevant internal colleagues and teams in implementing partner organizations.
- Review draft letters of agreement and memorandums of understanding with supporting organizations before administration clearance.
- Ultimate result of services:
- Use business intelligence for reporting and monitoring donor and project portfolios.
- Keep up-to-date on documents/reports/guidelines that have a bearing on matters related to programme, ensuring compliance with intergovernmental recommendations and decisions as well as with United Nations policies and procedures.
Applicants must have:
- Advanced university Degree (Master’s Degree or equivalent) in business administration, finance, or related field is required.
- University Degree combined with an additional 2 year’s qualifying experience may be accepted in lieu of the advanced university Degree.
- Minimum 2 year’s progressively responsible experience in finance, administration, budget, business administration or related area is required.
- Experience in preparing financial reports is required
- Experience with Enterprise resource planning (ERP) is desirable.
- English and French are the working languages of the United Nations Secretariat.
- Fluency in English is required.
- Working knowledge of other UN official languages is desirable.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, visit UNOPS.