Deadline: 25 July 2021
United Nations International Children’s Emergency Fund (UNICEF) is currently seeking applications from eligible applicants for the post of Communication Specialist in Nairobi, Kenya. The duration of this post is 6 months.
UNICEF works for a world in which every child has a fair chance in life.
Key Job Responsibilities
The Communication Specialist will perform the following functions:
- Communication for emergencies
- Draft key messages, press releases, communication strategies and quick lines for new and protracted regional emergencies in Eastern and Southern Africa.
- Coordinate with PFP colleagues for uploading of regional key messages and multimedia content.
- Together for SRHR programme
- Provide communication support to the 2gether 4SRHR joint programme funded by SIDA through coordination with UNICEF HIV and AIDS colleagues, three agencies in the joint programme and 2gether SRHR HIV and Communication focal points in Lesotho, Malawi, Uganda, Zambia and Zimbabwe.
- Working closely with ESARO PPP colleagues, provide strategic communication support to new and established regional partnerships.
- Support in management, planning and reporting
- Participate in 2021 end of year review and 2022 planning as required by Regional Chief of Communication and Advocacy.
Applicants must have:
- University Degree in Communication, Journalism, Public Relations, or any other related field.
- University Degree in a relevant field combined with 2 additional year’s professional experience may be accepted in lieu of an Advanced University Degree.
- Minimum 8 year’s relevant professional experience in communication, print, broadcast, and/or new media.
- International and national work experience/field experience.
- Background/familiarity with emergency situations.
- Strong analytical and communication skills.
- Fluency in English (oral and written).
- Knowledge of French and/or Portuguese an asset.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit applications through online process.
For more information, visit UNICEF.