Deadline: 9 June 2016
United Nations Office for Project Services (UNOPS) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Partnerships Assistant in Nairobi, Kenya. The duration of this post is 12 months.
The Partnerships Assistant will work towards strengthening UNOPS EAH communication materials both for internal and external purposes, and assist in the development of projects with the Partnership Development Officer.
UNOPS mission is to serve people in need by expanding the ability of the United Nations, governments and other partners to manage projects, infrastructure and procurement in a sustainable and efficient manner.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Partnerships Assistant will perform the following functions-
- Assist in the management of the UNOPS EAH intranet pages.
- Provide support in the development and design of communication materials, including fact sheets, presentations, capacity statements.
- Provide support in the production of the monthly internal newsletter.
- Assist in updating the project tracking sheet.
- Provide support in conducting country wide research and donor and partners focus areas; as well as supporting the bi-monthly ‘Speaker series.
- Provide support to the Partnership Development Officer in the development of projects for the Hub.
- Support in engagements with potential partners.
- Support in the production of the monthly internal newsletter, advocacy materials and fact sheets and other communication materials for stakeholder engagement as required.
- Update and assist in the maintenance of the tracking sheet and provide data of the Business Acquisition pipeline.
- Support the maintenance of up-to-date repository for all donors, funding cycles and engagement modalities.
Applicants must have-
- Secondary Education is required.
- University degree preferably in Economics, Management, International Affairs, Political Science, Development Studies or other related area will be an asset.
- Prince2 or similar project management foundation level is an asset.
- Minimum 4 years of relevant work experience is required.
- Experience in UNOPS or other UN agencies is an asset.
- Ability to work with computer and office software packages (MS Office 2003 and/or newer versions) and knowledge of spreadsheet and database packages.
- Fluency in written and oral English and language of the duty station required.
- Knowledge of French will be an added advantage.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, please visit UNOPS.