Deadline: 21 September 2020
Global Communities is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Deputy Chief of Party in Kenya.
Global Communities mission is to create long-lasting, positive and community-led change that improves the lives and livelihoods of vulnerable people across the globe.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
- Overall technical oversight of the project and is specifically responsible for project implementation that relates to facility and community-level service delivery.
- Report directly to the COP and takes a leadership role in ensuring technical implementation of high impact, proven interventions and ensures the project meets stated goals and reporting requirements.
- Assume the responsibilities of the COP in the absence of the COP.
- Coordinate among USAID and key stakeholders and other implementing partners and interacts with numerous GoK institutions and representatives, particularly at the county-level.
- Knowledge about current implementation science and state-of-the-art service delivery approaches.
Applicants must have-
- Master’s Degree or higher training in social sciences, public health, medicine, management, business administration, or a related field.
- 8 year’s of experience as senior manager in an Orphans and Vulnerable Children (OVC), or a related PEPFAR funded, care, support, and prevention activity.
- 8 year’s experience in a technical leadership/management role on an activity of similar size and complexity, including experience with directly supervising professional staff.
- Experience interacting with senior and county Government of Kenya officials, international organizations, other bilateral donor and civil society representatives.
- Experience managing and coordinating complex development programs in Kenya.
- Ability to establish and sustain professional relationships with civil society organizations, private sector partners and host country government counterparts.
- Excellent communicator with experience in communicating complex processes to diverse stakeholders, including government officials at the national, county and sub-county levels, service orientated NGOs, civil society organizations, donors, etc.
- Excellent interpersonal, oral and written communication.
- Fluency in English is required.
- Nationality of Kenya.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their CV and cover letter through online process.
For more information, visit Global Communities.