Deadline: 3 February 2021
UN Women is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Ending Violence Against Women and Girls Programme (EVAW) Analyst in Nairobi, Kenya. The duration of this post is 1 year.
UN Women is the UN organization dedicated to gender equality and the empowerment of women.
Key Job Responsibilities
The Ending Violence Against Women and Girls Programme (EVAW) Analyst will perform the following functions-
- Policy review, design and develop programme strategies in the area of Ending Violence Against Women and Girls
- Provide technical inputs and policy support to the design and formulation of programme/ project proposals and initiatives on EVAWG.
- Draft inputs to country strategy documents, briefs, policy dialogue and other documents related to EVAWG.
- Contribute to review of bills, laws and policies on EVAWG to ensure conformity with global norms and standards.
- Manage the implementation and management of the Ending Violence Against Women and Girls programme
- Coordinate and ensure high-quality implementation of the UN Women EVAWG Annual Workplans, including women access to justice activities by providing technical support and overseeing implementing Partners annual work plan implementation.
- Manage the technical implementation of the programme and ensure synergies with other teams.
- Review, coordinate and monitor the submission of implementing partner financial and narrative reports.
- Support the coordination and organization of technical review committees, capacity assessment of partners, project review and/or evaluation meetings, as needed.
- Support to manage technical assistance and capacity development to project/programme partners
- Provide technical and policy support to the country office in developing and strengthening projects/ programmes in on EVAWG.
- Contribute to the development and implementation of technical tools, and initiatives that contribute to the realization of EVAW Annual Work Plans.
- Build and manage relationships with national partners to support the implementation and expansion of the EVAWG programme.
- Provide strategic direction and technical advice on any potential emerging needs.
- Identify capacity building needs of partners and lead the coordination of technical assistance, mentoring, training and capacity development initiatives to partners.
Applicants must have:
- Master’s Degree or equivalent in law, access to justice, social sciences, human rights, gender/women’s studies, international development, or a related field is required.
- University Degree in combination with two additional years of qualifying experience may be accepted in lieu of the advanced university degree.
- Project/Programme Management certification would be an added advantage.
- 6 year’s of progressively responsible work experience at the national or international level in design, planning, implementation, monitoring, results-based reporting, and evaluation of development projects.
- Technical experience in Ending Violence Against Women and Girls, with special expertise in women, access to justice.
- Experience coordinating and liaising with government agencies and/or donors is an asset.
- Experience working in the UN System is an asset.
- Experience in leading/managing a team is an asset.
- Fluency in English required.
- Working knowledge of another official UN language is an asset.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, visit UN Women.