Deadline: 24 May 2021
The World Food Programme (WFP) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Logistics Officer in Nairobi, Kenya. The duration of this post is 6 Months.
World Food Programme is the world’s largest humanitarian agency fighting hunger worldwide.
Key Job Responsibilities
The Logistics Officer will perform the following functions:
- Coordinate the change management strategy at regional and local levels, ensuring successful implementation of new service provision solutions and adequate post-roll out support and guidance.
- Facilitate and support the implementation by COs of the Service Marketplace ecosystem, as well as new digital tools and procedures.
- Establish and lead clear and regular coordination, support and feedback gathering mechanisms with COs focal points to identify and report business and technical requirements and/or issues.
- Lead the preparation and delivery of training and webinars related to service provision initiatives and tools in strict coordination with HQ and in line with the overall change management strategy.
- Ensure first-level technical advice and guidance to CO staff, ensuring service provision activities are timely and consistently managed and captured in the systems.
- Prepare accurate and timely data collection, reporting and dashboards to inform on service provision activities, enabling an informed and consistent decision making.
- Liaise with internal and external stakeholders (HQ/RB/COs) to consolidate preliminary data analysis and disseminate as required.
- Timely detect gaps, delays, and risks in local and regional service provision and address them as needed, in consultation with RB and HQ stakeholders.
Applicant must have:
- Advanced University Degree in Economics, Supply Chain, Logistics, Engineering, Business Management or other related field, or First University Degree with additional years of related work experience and/or training/courses.
- 5 or more year’s professional experience and progressive responsibility in working in supply chain and logistics operations, regional food assistance, external service provision, technical assistance, and/or operational guidance in emergency/post-emergency contexts.
- Experience working directly with COs counterparts to provide business and technical support and implement activities, particularly in the RBN.
- Direct experience in implementing WFP activities and guidelines, project management, as well as monitoring and evaluation desirable.
- Experience in data collection, analysis, and reporting.
- Experience in budget preparation and monitoring, as per corporate standards.
- Fluency (level C) in English language.
- Intermediate knowledge (level B) of a second official UN language Arabic, Chinese, French, Russian, Spanish, and/or WFP’s working language, Portuguese.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit applications through online process.
For more information, visit WFP.