Deadline: 13 August 2020
African Development Bank (AfDB) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Principal Water Resources Management and Development Officer in Nairobi, Kenya.
AfDB’s mission is to spur sustainable economic development and social progress in its regional member countries (RMCs), thus contributing to poverty reduction.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Principal Water Resources Management and Development Officer will perform the following functions-
- Provide technical advice/assistance to RMCs to develop their Water Resource Management mechanisms and tool towards ensuring a water secure environment in the East Region.
- Contribute to the development of the Bank Group Water Sector policy and provide technical advice/guidance to introduce and monitor the implementation of the policy.
- Identify, prepare and evaluate water resource management and development, water supply and sanitation as well as multisector projects and programmes in RMCs.
- Identify and coordinate the co-financing needs of the Division’s projects/programmes and make funding proposals.
- Enhance Water Resource Knowledge development and management into the region.
- Supervise project portfolio in accordance with Bank rules and procedures.
- Perform project completion missions with a view to preparing project completion reports.
- Conduct project preparation and appraisal missions for water resource management and development, water supply and sanitation projects and programmes.
Applicants must have:
- Master’s in Water Resources Engineering, Hydrological Engineering, Hydraulic Engineering, Civil Engineering, or related field with a focus on water resources management and climate change.
- 6 year’s of relevant experience in national and transboundary water resources management and development or related operations, project management, and policy formulation.
- Good professional experience in international development institutions.
- Strong working experience in Africa in general and in the Eastern Africa Region is desirable.
- Strong knowledge of integrated water resources management (WRM), water supply and sanitation sector reforms, public-private partnerships, sector coordination, innovative financing mechanisms and pro-poor strategies.
- Good knowledge and experience in undertaking project cycle activities particularly, investment planning, identification, preparation, appraisal and administration of hydraulic infrastructure (including water supply, sanitation, multipurpose storage and drought risk management, etc).
- Proven strong writing and analytical skills in designing water sector climate adaptation operations.
- Strong analytical skills, particularly applied to climate change and climate risk assessments.
- Demonstrated strong ability to think strategically, conceptualize and synthesize complex water sector issues (translated into effective oral and written briefs).
- Proven ability to identify and articulate policy issues, support analytical work (sector trade-offs and priorities, structuring of sanitation value chains), provide advisory services and deliver high quality innovative operational products.
- Ability to initiate innovative approaches and originality at work.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, visit AfDB.