Deadline: 13 May 2021
The United Nations Office for Project Services (UNOPS) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Procurement Officer in Nairobi, Kenya.
UNOPS mission is to serve people in need by expanding the ability of the United Nations, governments and other partners to manage projects, infrastructure, and procurement in a sustainable and efficient manner.
Key Job Responsibilities
The Procurement Officer will perform the following functions:
- Implement key aspects of operational procurement strategies focusing on achievement of the following results:
- Full compliance of assigned procurement activities with UNOPS rules, regulations, policies and strategies; implementation of the effective internal control, proper design and functioning of a client-oriented procurement management system.
- Provide technical support and guidance to procurement processes of the Business Unit, focusing on achievement of the following results:
- Timely and duly prepared elements of procurement plans and monitoring of their implementation;
- Guideline followed on embedding sustainability along the procurement process;
- Monitoring and Progress Controls
- Assist in submission of a procurement reports to the Head of Support Services and or Procurement Manager, on quarterly basis or as required
- Assist in the development of the unit work plan and contribute to the achievement of those goals
- Knowledge Building and Knowledge Sharing
- Organize, facilitate and/or deliver training and learning initiatives for personnel on Procurement-related topics.
- Contribute to Procurement knowledge networks and communities of practice by providing collaborative synthesis of lessons learnt and dissemination of best practices in human resources management.
Applicants must have:
- Master’s Degree in Procurement and/or Supply Chain Management, Law, Commerce, Business Administration, Public Administration, Finance, Economics or related field is required.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Procurement and/or Supply Chain Management, Law, Commerce, Business Administration, Public Administration, Finance, Economics or related field with 2 year’s relevant experience may be accepted in lieu of the Advanced University Degree.
- Minimum of 1 year’s relevant experience in Procurement and/or Supply Chain Management is required.
- Experience in working with a range of stakeholders in developing countries is desirable.
- Work experience in developing / post conflict countries is an added advantage.
- Work experience in procurement and supply chain management with UN or other international organizations is an added advantage.
- Experience in the use of Gmail/Google Suite and related functions is an asset.
- Professional certification in the field of procurement from Chartered Institute of Purchasing and Supply or elsewhere is an asset.
- Knowledge of UNOPS procurement and financial rules and regulations is desirable.
- Knowledge of UN/UNDP/UNOPS Procurement Rules and Regulations is distinct advantage.
- Fluency in both written and oral English is required.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, visit UNOPS.