Global Communities is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Program Director in Nairobi, Kenya.
The Program Director will be responsible for project activities and staff, technical leadership, and administrative oversight of the program, will manage a team of staff and ensure quality, timeliness, and efficiency of all products and activities generated under the project.
Global Communities mission is to create long-lasting, positive and community-led change that improves the lives and livelihoods of vulnerable people across the globe.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Program Director will perform the following functions-
- Provide vision, leadership, strategic management and oversight of program implementation.
- Manage and provide mentoring and professional development support to project staff.
- Ensure the highest quality of project monitoring, evaluation, reporting, and communications.
- Assume financial accountability and ensure compliance with Global Communities and USAID rules and regulations, particularly with respect to financial and grant management.
Applicants must have-
- Post-graduate degree in public health, social sciences, education, international development, or other relevant discipline, or equivalent experience.
- 8 years of minimum experience in international development including 3 years of experience in fields related to the health, education and empowerment of adolescent girls and young women in a developing country context, preferably sub-Saharan Africa.
- Proven experience managing a professional and administrative staff effectively and coordinating with partner and donor organizations.
- Ability to forge partnerships with private sector and community actors around a common vision.
- Evidence of strong interpersonal and written communication skills.
- Fluency in English (written and spoken).
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, please visit Global Communities.