Deadline: 28 May 2021
The World Food Programme (WFP) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Programme Assistant in Nairobi, Kenya. The duration of this post is 12 months.
World Food Programme is the world’s largest humanitarian agency fighting hunger worldwide.
Key Job Responsibilities
The Programme Assistant will perform the following functions:
- Serve as the focal person for maintaining market and price monitoring data from markets across the region.
- Support Country Offices in cleaning, updating and storing market price data.
- Support in the drafting of quarterly regional market and food price updates.
- Support in the implementation of various studies implemented by the Research, Assessment and Monitoring unit including the economic impact studies.
- Support in mVAM activities, assist in conducting food security analysis and monitoring including baseline/midline/endline studies.
- Support in updating, maintaining and visualizing the food security situation in the region including registering and maintaining historic IPC data, gathering information and writing drafts for quarterly food security bulletins, visualizing through Tableau dashboards etc.
- Collaboration with the Knowledge Management unit, maintain a more systematic share point under teams for organizing RAM data and documents.
- Support in organising meetings, trainings and workshops and preparing summaries.
- Perform other duties of the Research, Assessment and Monitoring unit as required.
Applicant must have:
- Undergraduate Degree preferably in Economics, Statistics, GIS and Remote Sensing, Food Security, Data Science, Geography or other related field is required.
- 3 or more year’s progressively responsible work experience in food security analysis and research design in social research.
- Experience in SPSS, ArcGIS and Tableau.
- Facilitate communication with technical teams (i.e. nutrition, VAM, etc.).
- Contribute to implementation of programmes.
- Observe or assist with policy discussions.
- Proficiency in MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook).
- Fluency in both oral and written communication in English and French.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit applications through online process.
For more information, visit WFP.