Deadline: 4 October 2021
The World Food Programme (WFP) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Programme Associate in Nairobi, Kenya.
World Food Programme is the world’s largest humanitarian agency fighting hunger worldwide.
Key Job Responsibilities
The Programme Associate will perform the following functions:
- Provide specialized expertise and contribute towards the development of project activities, plans and processes within the specific technical area of work ensuring alignment with wider programme policies and guidelines.
- Provide efficient coordination and specialized project management support to a range of specific and/or defined programmes to ensure that the various activities are performed within the established targets following WFP’s policies and procedures.
- Within the specific area of responsibility, prepare a variety of elaborated reports and substantial data analysis (e.g. food assistance needs, resource utilization, programme status, performance) and make recommendations to supervisors, ensuring deliverables adhere to corporate standards and quality control.
- Lead and ensure accurate, timely recording of data within the specific technical area of work (e.g. assistance programmes, food security and vulnerability assessments) and consistency of information presented to stakeholders.
- Coordinate and liaise with internal counterparts on a range of complex matters to enable effective collaboration, implementation and monitoring of ongoing project activities.
- Foster relationships and support partnership-building with local partners, agencies, NGOs and government institutions to perform accurate food security analyses and to ensure efficient delivery of food assistance.
Applicant must have:
- Completion of secondary school education.
- Bachelor’s Degree in visual communication or graphic design or relevant field or a Master’s Degree is a plus.
- At least 5 year’s progressively responsible experience in the humanitarian or international development sector.
- Fluency in both oral and written communication in the UN language in use at the duty station and in the duty station’s language, if different.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit applications through online process.
For more information, visit WFP.