Deadline: 27 May 2021
The United Nations Environment Programme (UNEP) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Programme Management Officer in Nairobi, Kenya.
UNEP’s mission is to provide leadership and encourage partnership in caring for the environment by inspiring, informing, and enabling nations and peoples to improve their quality of life without compromising that of future generations.
Key Job Responsibilities
The Programme Management Officer will perform the following functions-
- Develop, implement and evaluate assigned programmes/projects, etc., monitors and analyzes programme/project development and implementation, reviews relevant documents and reports, identifies problems and issues to be addressed and initiates corrective actions, liaises with relevant parties, ensures follow-up actions.
- Perform assignment, in collaboration with the Global Environment Outlook (GEO) team or other clients, by planning facilitating workshops, through other interactive sessions and assisting in developing the action plan the team or client will use to manage the change.
- Research, analyze and present information gathered from diverse sources.
- Coordinate policy development, including the review and analysis of issues and trends, preparation of evaluations or other research activities and studies.
- Generate survey initiative, designs data collection tools, reviews, analyzes and interprets responses, identify problems/issues and prepares conclusions.
- Organize and prepare written outputs, e.g. draft background papers, analysis, sections of reports and studies, inputs to publications, etc.
- Provide substantive backstopping to consultative and other meetings, conferences, etc., to include proposing agenda topics, identifying participants, preparation of documents and presentations, etc.
- Initiate and coordinates outreach activities, designs and conducts training workshops, seminars, etc., makes presentations on assigned topics/activities.
Applicant must have:
- Advanced University Degree (Master’s Degree or equivalent) in environmental, social or economic sciences, or a related field is required.
- First-level University Degree in combination with 2 additional years of qualifying experience may be accepted in lieu of the advanced University Degree.
- Minimum 7 year’s progressively responsible experience in project or programme management in an environmental, social ore economic sciences, or a related field is required.
- Experience in the United Nations system or other comparable international organization is desirable.
- Experience in the coordination of different stakeholders, including government counterparts and addressing ecological and environmental challenges in complex contexts is desirable.
- English and French are the working languages of the United Nations Secretariat.
- Knowledge of another official United Nations language is an advantage.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, visit UNEP.