Deadline: 23 May 2016
UN Women is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Project Finance Associate in Nairobi, KENYA. The duration of this post is 1 year.
UN Women is the UN organization dedicated to gender equality and the empowerment of women.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Project Finance Associate will perform the following functions-
- Support the specific project management and implementation.
- Provide project administration and project financial services.
- Support in the preparation, and administration of project budgets.
- Provide accounting services and administrative support.
- Facilitate knowledge building and knowledge sharing.
- Support resource management issues related to formulation and review of the projects.
- Track delivery of projects through ATLAS and other tools focusing on aged advances, risk analysis and implementation of project monitoring plans.
- Follow up and facilitate timely clearance of cost sharing expenses and Partner expenses.
- Review and verify financial transactions/activities/documentation for accuracy, appropriateness and completeness and ensure full compliance of financial services and transactions with UN Women rules, regulations, policies and recording and reporting systems.
- Review transactions for accuracy and propriety prior to submission to the supervisor for approval and/or action.
- Assist in the budget formulation, tracking allotments, monitoring expenditures, and preparing revisions according to the needs of the Elections, Devolution and P&S projects.
- Provide information to the executing agencies on routine implementation of projects.
- Maintain up to date and accurate data in Atlas and take timely corrective actions on erroneous data.
- Monitor proper follow up of advances to implementing partners, review their financial reports together with project managers and together be fully satisfied before making next installment.
- Support training initiatives on financial processes by supporting training and/or helping organize training events and activities.
- Collect and compile lessons learned and best practices in financial management and services.
Applicants must have-
- Secondary Education is required.
- Specialized national or international certification in accounting and finance would be an asset.
- University Degree in Business or Public Administration desirable, but it is not a requirement.
- Minimum 6 years of progressively responsible experience in financial management and administration, in a large corporation or organization is required.
- Experience in the usage of computers and office software packages (MS Word, Excel, etc) and advanced knowledge of spreadsheet and database packages.
- Experience in handling of web based management systems.
- Knowledge of IPSAS and/or IFRS is desirable.
- Written and oral proficiency in English is required.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, please visit UN Women.