Deadline: 11 August 2021
The United Nations Office for Project Services (UNOPS) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Project Management Support – Officer in Nairobi, Kenya.
UNOPS mission is to serve people in need by expanding the ability of the United Nations, governments and other partners to manage projects, infrastructure, and procurement in a sustainable and efficient manner.
Key Job Responsibilities
The Project Management Support – Officer will perform the following functions:
- Project Implementation
- Support the Project Manager in ensuring UNOPS Policies and Procedures, Financial Rules and Regulations (FR&R) are adhered to for efficient project implementation and progress.
- Monitor project Financials and advise the Project Manager accordingly.
- Financial and procurement management
- Maintain all supporting project financial documents for audit and review processes.
- Ensure accurate data entry into UNOPS ERP (Enterprise Resource Planning) system to ensure real time tracking and asset management under the project activities.
- Project monitoring and reporting
- Provide substantive inputs to assist the Project Manager in the preparation of project reports and documents.
- Maintain records of project files and other supporting documents.
- Coordination and Liaison
- Contract management of all contracts (Procurement, HR, Service Contracts etc) under the Project.
- Liaise with finance and logistics/procurement units in tracking commitments and disbursements.
- Operational and Logistic Support
- Assist the Project Manager in monitoring all HR requirements and related activities under the Project.
Applicants must have:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Finance, Logistics, Emergency Management, International Relations or other relevant field is required.
- Master’s Degree in Business Administration, Finance, Logistics, Emergency Management, International Relations or other relevant field is desired but not required.
- Minimum 2 year’s relevant and progressive professional experience, specifically in the field of Infrastructure related Project Management support is required.
- Experience in humanitarian emergency operating contexts, including humanitarian coordination mechanisms, donors, security, and operations management is an asset.
- Minimum 2 year’s experience and demonstrated knowledge of accounting and Finance in the UN system is required.
- Experience in procedures in UN Procurement, HR Management and administrative rules and regulations is desired.
- Minimum 2 year’s UNOPS experience is required.
- Fluency in oral and written English is required.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, visit UNOPS.