Deadline: 3 February 2021
UN Women is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Regional Evaluation Specialist in Nairobi, Kenya. The duration of this post is 1 year.
UN Women is the UN organization dedicated to gender equality and the empowerment of women.
Key Job Responsibilities
The Regional Evaluation Specialist will perform the following functions-
- Undertake/manage evaluations and strengthen decentralized evaluation systems at regional and country levels in the Regional Office for the East and Southern Africa
- Undertake/manage evaluations in the region, including regional and country portfolio evaluations, promote stakeholder’s ownership and learning, align with country evaluation systems and partners’ participation.
- Provide sound methodological advice and quality assurance to decentralized evaluation processes, including the preparation of Terms of References (TORs), evaluation study, final evaluation report and dissemination strategy.
- Provide technical support to the planning, monitoring and implementation of evaluation plans in UN Women’s regional and country offices.
- Substantially contribute to the development of methodologies for regional and country evaluations, and to the review of guidelines, systems, procedures and tools related to decentralized evaluations.
- Promote the use of evaluations and ensure that evaluation findings and recommendations are implemented
- Prepare aggregate analysis and qualitative assessments of decentralized evaluations to input to Evaluation Annual report and management briefs.
- Organize meetings, workshops and other discussion fora to establish a dialogue on evaluation results and the evaluative knowledge management at regional level.
- Ensure that evaluation results are taken into account for the continued implementation of strategies, programmes/projects and for the design and appraisal of new projects/ programmes.
- Ensure that project/programme managers respond to recommendations and monitor the follow up on evaluations.
- Strengthen evaluation capacity development in UN Women at regional and country levels
- Provide training and coaching on evaluation, self-evaluation, UN Women evaluation policy and guidelines, monitoring and results-based management within the Regional Office and country offices, including substantial support in coaching and training Monitoring and Evaluation (M&E) focal points at country level.
- Provide advice/information/guidance to programme managers on evaluations on programme design from evaluability perspective.
- Establish partnerships with governments, regional evaluation associations, networks and academic institutions to promote capacity and learning on gender responsive evaluation.
Applicants must have:
- Master’s Degree (or equivalent) in evaluation or relevant social science or related field is required.
- 7 year’s of progressively responsible experience in evaluation.
- Experience in conducting gender analysis;
- Experience in conducting/managing a portfolio of strategic, programmatic, institutional and/or project evaluations.
- Experience working in the field.
- Knowledge of gender equality analytical work and programming.
- Strong understanding of various methodologies in evaluation, both qualitative and quantitative, such as surveys, record reviews, focus groups and case studies and is able to contribute to the development of the most efficient and effective methodology for the design, with minimal guidance.
- Strong understanding of evaluation ethics and United Nations Evaluation Group code of Conduct.
- Strong understanding of gender responsive evaluation approach.
- Fluency in English is required.
- Knowledge of the other UN official working language is an asset.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, visit UN Women.