Deadline: 30 December 2020
African Development Bank (AfDB) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Regional Procurement Coordinator in Nairobi, Kenya.
AfDB’s mission is to spur sustainable economic development and social progress in its regional member countries (RMCs), thus contributing to poverty reduction.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Regional Procurement Coordinator will perform the following functions-
- Ensure consistent, uniform and predictable application of the Policy within the region and provide corrective actions as appropriate.
- Review procurement policy deviations and provide clearance for inclusion in Project Appraisal Reports (PARs) for subsequent Board approval with clearance of the manager as needed.
- Review all cases involving the use of Third-Party procurement methods and procedures and provide clearance for inclusion of those methods and procedures in the PAR for Board approval with clearance of the manager as needed.
- Review and clear procurement diagnostic assessments reports (BPAR, Sector Market Assessments) for approval by the Manager and Director of SNFI, assist Regional member countries for their procurement reforms and mobilize financial resources for this assistance.
- Review and clear the assessment of borrowers procurement systems done by the Procurement specialists team, and the design of adequate action plans to improve Borrowers procurement systems and to strengthen the institutional capacity within borrowers entities.
- Participate with other Multilateral Development Banks in the assessment of the Regional Member Countries procurement systems.
- Review and clear procurement cases as per the Bank’s Delegation of Authority matrix for Sovereign and Non-Sovereign projects.
- Take a pro-active role ensuring ‘Quality at Entry work’ through supervision of a team of Procurement Specialists across the region in terms of the Fiduciary and Development mandate of the Bank.
- Follow up with Procurement Specialists of complaints received from bidders, contractors or civil society.
- Deal with cases where the advice provided by Procurement Specialists was not accepted by Task Managers and finding appropriate solutions.
- Facilitate and undertake training seminars/workshops for the Borrower and Bank Staff and Business Opportunity seminars for the regional and non-regional private sector.
- Prepare all Project Procurement brief for the Senior Management when required.
Applicants must have-
- Master’s Degree or equivalent in engineering, public/business administration, law, procurement, economics or related fields.
- 7 year’s of relevant professional experience in providing procurement support and advice to the preparation and implementation of programs and projects financed by the Bank or any other similar institution in developing countries, having private sector experience will be an added advantage.
- Familiarity with and solid experience in the practice of procurement of goods and works and the acquisition of consultancy services under donor funding conditions, it would be desirable to have knowledge of Bank Procurement policy.
- Experience in supervising and effectively managing implementation of developments projects and programs.
- Ability to be flexible, open-minded with integrity, client and results-oriented for achieving both Bank’s and Borrowers’ objectives.
- Effective consulting and advisory skills that enable Sector Staff and Borrowers to build their confidence and skills to deal with procurement issues.
- Good networking skills and judgment are required while working within teams and when building professional relationships with Procurement Specialists and sector specialists working in the Region.
- Ability to communicate effectively (written and oral) in English with a working knowledge of French.
- Competence with standard MS Office software (Word, Excel, PowerPoint), preferably combined with knowledge and experience of SAP operations.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, visit AfDB.