Deadline: 27 October 2021
United Nations International Children’s Emergency Fund (UNICEF) is currently seeking applications from eligible applicants for the post of Reports Officer in Nairobi, Kenya.
UNICEF works for a world in which every child has a fair chance in life.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Reports Officer will perform the following functions:
- Provide support on the preparation of financial reporting for donor reports, in collaboration with the Donor Relations Specialist, Programme Budget Officer and overall supervision by the Chief of Communications.
- Support programme teams to ensure timely submission of budget modifications and handling of ad hoc donor requests related to narrative and budget reporting.
- Manage office information and institutional memory vis-a -vis donor reports. Ensure that information on all the donor and programme reporting requirements are shared, tracked, disseminated and updated.
- Maintain a coherent and central system for filing reports submissions and manage the system for tracking reports due and grant related information management in SAP and share drive/team site.
- Support wider office processes vis-a-vis donor relations and contribution management.
- Provide inputs, as required, to Country Management Teams (CMTs), Programme Coordination Meetings (PCMs), Emergency Management Teams (EMTs), Annual Reports and Situation Reports, etc. and conduct analyzes, verifications and syntheses of donor related data and information, including budgetary and supports analysis relating to donor funding trends, gaps and needs.
Applicants must have:
- Bachelor’s Degree in international development, International Relations, Human Rights, Communication, Social Sciences, or related field.
- 2 year’s relevant professional work experience including UNICEF experience in both humanitarian and development context and strong knowledge of UNICEF systems for donor relations and reporting.
- Field work experience an asset.
- Background/familiarity with Emergency a strong asset.
- Proven record of excellent English writing, communication and design skills.
- Demonstrate ability to analyze complex data and information, including funding and budget information.
- Demonstrate ability to design products in an easy to digest, visually appealing format.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, visit UNICEF.