African Wildlife Foundation (AWF) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Senior Field Communications Officer in Nairobi, Kenya.
The Senior Field Communications Officer will provide communications support to field staff across Africa to increase the visibility, knowledge and understanding of AWF’s work.
The African Wildlife Foundation, together with the people of Africa, works to ensure the wildlife and wild lands of Africa will endure forever.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Senior Field Communications Officer will perform the following functions-
- Creating a field communications and internal communications strategy, leading AWF’s field and internal communications efforts to keep staff informed of all project initiatives, progress and milestones.
- Working with field staff, creating an annual editorial calendar, determining new and existing channels for promotion.
- Raising the profile of AWF and its field activities by generating real-time content on our projects and regular updates from the field.
- Providing and sourcing daily and weekly updates from all AWF projects and partner-related projects in the field.
- Coordinating media trips to field projects with the Senior Media Relations Manager.
- Training and coaching field staff on generating content, including video and social and on identifying public relations opportunities.
- Follow developments in the field relevant to AWF and produce regular updates for use internally and externally, with a focus on project milestones and outcomes.
- Developing and maintaining close and regular contact with field staff working across the continent.
- Establishing and maintaining collaboration with communications staff from other relevant organizations and bodies, including partners and governments.
- Serving as the internal communications point-person for staff, developing innovative approaches to creating a collaborative, mission-focused, global culture at AWF.
- Producing communications materials for AWF and external media.
Applicants must have-
- A bachelor’s degree in journalism, public relations or a closely related field.
- 8 years of relevant experience in field communications for a non-profit organization.
- Familiarity with Africa conservation, wildlife and wild lands, and development concerns
- Exemplary skills in video production, video editing, social media, graphic design, web design, coding, photography, writing, editing and proofreading.
- Deep understanding of field-based and community-based work in Africa.
- Knowledge of French and other relevant languages a distinct advantage.
- Experience working with external audiences, particularly with local communities and partners.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, please visit AWF.