Deadline: 13 May 2021
Plan International is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Sexual Reproductive Health and Rights Advisor in Nairobi, Kenya.
Plan International is an independent development and humanitarian organization that advances children’s rights and equality for girls.
Key Job Responsibilities
The Sexual Reproductive Health and Rights Advisor will perform the following functions:
- SRHR program strategy design, planning and implementation
- Take leadership in defining the SRHR strategy for PIK and provide guidance in development of SRHR implementation strategy.
- Deliver a policy and advocacy strategy that increases Plan Kenya’s advocacy impact on adolescent SRHR with the Kenya government and other external stakeholders where necessary.
- Program Quality in SRHR
- Drive technical excellence and support project and country teams to develop, monitor and implement girl and client centred SRHR programs that are grounded in global evidence, appropriate and meaningful youth engagement.
- Provide oversight and technical guidance in monitoring and harnessing learning from implementing SRHR projects across the programme areas.
- Partnerships, networking and influencing
- Actively participates in SRHR eco-systems with the global hub and regional teams as well as within Kenya’s community of practice.
- Establish and maintain strong networks in the sector for policy influencing, implementation and resource mobilization.
- Resource mobilisation and programme development
- Contribute to the growth of Plan Kenya’s SRHR portfolio by directly contributing to Plan Kenya’s identification of opportunities, proposal development, including the writing, reviewing and/or editing of technical proposals.
- Continuously monitor and analyse the emerging SRHR situation in Kenya, donor trends and advise management on potential areas for fund raising.
- Risk Management &Financial Responsibility
- Monitor programme performance and budget utilization and apply on corrective measures where needed.
- Support the annual planning process to ensure budget are well structured and effectively managed and utilized.
Applicants must have:
- Master’s Degree in health sciences (Medicine, Public Health or any other related discipline.
- At least 5 year’s demonstrable experience in adolescent and youth sexual and reproductive health rights programs and services health programming, 3 of which must be in advisory/managerial role.
- Minimum 7 year’s experience, five of which are in implementing SRHR at local or national level, preferably with an International Non-Governmental Organization is acceptable in lieu of a Master’s Degree.
- Experience in adolescent inclusive reproductive health programming and be recognized leader in this field with the ability to be strategic, while still being able to manage the day-to-day management of the SRHR.
- Proven experience in providing technical assistance to complex SRHR and health programs.
- Demonstrate experience in coaching and mentoring staff on health interventions.
- Experience in designing and technical support/management of public health programme around ASRHR projects.
- Strong and up to date knowledge of adolescent development, policies, family planning and reproductive health principles, programme practices and strategies with proven and up to date knowledge in SRHR professional developments and related issues such as teenage pregnancies, child marriage, age responsive and comprehensive sexuality education as well as meaningful youth engagement in AYSRHR.
- Commitment to Plan Kenya’s position on promoting girls’ rights and gender equality and integrating all these aspects in their day to day work.
- Knowledge of health programming issues in the Kenyan context.
- Passion for SRHR and a demonstrated commitment adolescent and youth SRHR, elimination of harmful cultural practices, and gender equality.
- Knowledge of concepts and main debates related to the themes of sexual and reproductive health, rights, harmful practices and adolescence and young people.
- Good understanding of country health sector strategies.
- Demonstrable advocacy experience in national and county level health systems and structures.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit applications through online process.
For more information, visit Plan International.