Deadline: 12 August 2021
World Health Organisations (WHO) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Social Listening Analyst in Nairobi, Kenya. The duration of this post is 2 years.
The primary role of WHO is to direct and coordinate international health within the United Nations system.
Key Job Responsibilities
The Social Listening Analyst will perform the following functions:
- Conduct social listening of regional mis/dis-information on key health issues using available online and offline source.
- Provide tutorials and training to WHO staff and health partners on social listening.
- Provide ad hoc monitoring support during crisis situations.
- Prepare routine discourse analysis reports around thematic topics (example: vaccines).
- Generate reports that would feed into the development of digital content.
- Develop and Manage the Shared AIRA Rumour Log.
- Develop an annual AIRA report on recent trends in the COVID-19 infodemic in the African Region.
- Ensure regional rollout of research provided by WHO HQ.
- Analyze the performance and impact of communications initiatives
Applicants must have:
- Bachelor’s Degree in information management or information technology or communications.
- Minimum 2 year’s experience in managing high profile social media channels.
- Experience working in multilingual environment .
- Experience conducting research in digital communications.
- Proven track record of breaking down complex technical information into social media content for non-expert audience groups.
- Thorough knowledge of the principles, techniques and practices of online dissemination of information, via social media mechanisms and the web.
- Thorough understanding of the impact of communications on the reputation, image, and success of an organization, as well as the role the web and social media has in this regard.
- Expert knowledge of English and working knowledge of French.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit applications through online process.
For more information, visit WHO.