Deadline: 19 August 2020
The World Food Programme (WFP) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Special Assistant in Nairobi, Kenya.
World Food Programme is the world’s largest humanitarian agency fighting hunger worldwide.
Key Job Responsibilities
The Special Assistant will perform the following functions:
- Critical support to the Special Envoy across their full range of work to help ensure prioritization, increased bandwidth, and effective coordination of all engagements and work products.
- Serve as liaison between the Special Envoy and others both within the Secretariat and externally to foster information flow, communication, and coordination, as well as acts as the President’s proxy in key internal and external meetings and outreach.
- Drive external and internal engagements of the Special Envoy from start to finish, leading with team members and partners on public remarks, meetings, and briefings, staffing the Special Envoy where required.
- Lead special projects and initiatives for the Special Envoy where they are taking more direct ownership.
Applicants must have:
- University Degree (Master’s degree or equivalent) in business administration, public administration, management, international relations, security, political science, or a related field.
- University Degree in combination with 2+ years of qualifying experience may be accepted in lieu of the advanced university degree.
- 7 year’s of progressively responsible experience in project or programme management, administration, international relations, security, political affairs, or related area is required.
- 3 year’s of experience at the international level is required.
- Experience in policy analysis and development is desirable.
- 2 year’s of experience working in a front office environment providing substantive and administrative support to senior level UN officials, or equivalent principals in the public or multilateral sector, is desirable.
- Fluency (level C) in English language.
- Intermediate knowledge (level B) of a second official UN language French, Russian, Spanish, Chinese, and/or Arabic.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, visit WFP.